DC Area Cowboys Fans - Roll Call

1/17/2010 3:52:30 PM
Gonzaga04
1/17/2010 3:52:30 PM Report Abuse

post here to express your undying love of the cowboys.

if my theories are correct this thread should be blank, as cowboys fans in the area only talk smack after a dirty boys win, or a skins loss.

enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
FrankCurry
1/17/2010 3:53:48 PM Report Abuse

bitter much?

Gonzaga04
1/17/2010 3:55:25 PM Report Abuse

?

MIlitaryRD
1/17/2010 3:57:48 PM Report Abuse

Presetn and accounted for- And I will enjoy the rest of My Sunday

MIlitaryRD
1/17/2010 3:59:50 PM Report Abuse

And it remains undying- Since I guess You don't understand the concept of Being a fan being as you are from DC which means something. It's understood we have the most fickle people in the World within the DC metro area, but just because a team lost doesn't mean it doesn't have fans. Tell the skins to en joy being 5-11 next year in an improving season udner a head coach that was FIRED from a team he won TWO superbowls with- Still a cowboys fan, and don't make it sound like this wasn't going to happen. there is a reason was Minnesota was the 2 seed and dallas was the 3. One was better than the other the whol eyear, Jack ass-

Gonzaga04
1/17/2010 4:07:03 PM Report Abuse

lol.  rd your a boys fan?  makes sense. 

Cadet04
1/17/2010 4:11:07 PM Report Abuse

Just remember buddy, if you ain't first, you're last.  We all sit at home and watch the Super Bowl Champion being crowned on TV.  Only difference is, we have a higher draft pick.  

BRonEAdams
1/17/2010 4:12:55 PM Report Abuse

i feel like redskins fans hate on the cowboys more than they root for the redskins

bjones06
1/17/2010 4:28:01 PM Report Abuse

we still here!!...still a great season

4Loveofthegame
1/17/2010 4:41:25 PM Report Abuse

I am a fan of neither....the Redskins have nothing to cheer for and will have nothing to cheer for other than high draft picks for the next decade.

jeppersonian
1/17/2010 4:41:28 PM Report Abuse

just because the vikes were the 2 seed and dallas was 3 seed means nothing. im pretty sure a bunch of superbowls in the last decade had at least 1 wild card team. excuses excuses.

KingFelix34
1/17/2010 5:28:34 PM Report Abuse

Lol Cowboys fans are so arrogant.  They think that they are the only people that are true fans of their teams and that any other fans are frauds.  This one guy told me that I wasn't a real American because I didn't think the Cowbitches would win the Superbowl this year, and he was not joking.  Skins fans are some of the most loyal fans in the country.  All this "America's Team" bullshit is so dumb and not surprising at all considering where that team comes from.

knights12
1/17/2010 5:32:54 PM Report Abuse

Im still right here. We were one of the top 5-8 teams in the NFL this year and have a lot of young talent on this football team. Tony Romo, Felix Jones, and Miles Austin are all young and have a lot of good years ahead of them. Our offensive line is really our only weak point on offense. Our defense is very good, don't let the score today let you think otherwise. Our defense was put in extremely tough positions all game long, and played ok. We'll be back next year. 

FrankCurry
1/17/2010 5:43:36 PM Report Abuse

I hate the Cowboys and the Redskins, but I would not be talking smack if I was a redskins fan right now, or bragging that you have a higher draft pick.  Having a higher draft pick means you just lost more games.

bavaro
1/17/2010 5:43:49 PM Report Abuse

I am not a fan of either team, but that game surprised me. I thought the Cowboys were on a roll. Not even close.

For 2010, Cowboys look like the team to beat in the NFC East to me. They are the most complete.

Giant Fan in DC  

Gonzaga04
1/17/2010 5:45:53 PM Report Abuse

thanks frank.  the 1997 Colts disagree with you.

BigBrother
1/17/2010 5:53:44 PM Report Abuse

I loved watching Shaun Suisham miss those field goals!

NtheKnow
1/17/2010 6:30:59 PM Report Abuse

all the cowpokes can go to dallas and watch the divisional championship & the super bowlat jerry's palace on the BIG screen!

evansm12
1/17/2010 6:47:06 PM Report Abuse

I love that Wade Phillips got an extension. Keep him there for as long as possible.

knights12
1/17/2010 7:01:28 PM Report Abuse

"I love that Wade Phillips got an extension. Keep him there for as long as possible."

Im a Cowboys fan and I am completely fine that Phillips got an extension. In the NFL, coaching is not a huge factor. I mean really, its all about the players, and Phillips basically sticks with the defense, and has done a great job. Hes 33-15 in 3 years, with a 1-1 playoff record. Not too shabby. Thats gotta be in the top 5 for coaching records the last 3 years. 

puma
1/17/2010 7:30:34 PM Report Abuse

hahahaha. Wade Phillips is the worst coach in the NFL. His face during games is possibly the greatest thing ever.

knights12
1/17/2010 7:50:17 PM Report Abuse

If Wade Phillips is the worst coach in the NFL than there are only 5-6 coaches in the NFL. Come on are you serious?? Your basing this on his facial expression during games? What is your knowledge of sports so inferior and minimal that the best reason you can come up with Wade Phillips being the worst coach in the NFL is his facial expression? Do your parents know that you're using a computer, because you can't be more than 7 or 8 years old.

rlj90
1/17/2010 7:55:55 PM Report Abuse

homo and wade will never win a superbowl. at least this loss wasn't as devastating as fumbling a snap. stop acting like the cowboys are a well run organization. they're just as bad as the skins. wade phillips is a moron. romo isn't clutch. the cowboys suck

jeppersonian
1/17/2010 8:09:21 PM Report Abuse

half the time "cowboy fans" are also "yankee fans", "laker fans", and "penguin fans". 

knights12
1/17/2010 8:28:33 PM Report Abuse

You cannot be serious in saying that the Redskins have as good of an organization as the Cowboys. The Cowboys have won the NFC East 2 out of the last 3 years. When was the last time the Skins won the NFC East? The Cowboys are in a position to be a very good football team for the next 5-6 years with the talent that they have. The Redskins? Hah. Have fun winning 5-8 games every year like you always do.

knights12
1/17/2010 8:30:48 PM Report Abuse

The Cowboys have gone 34-16 the last 3 years. 2 NFC East Titles, 1 playoff win.

The Redskins have gone 20-38. No playoff berths.

Yeah, thats on the same level.

johnnymop
1/17/2010 8:38:24 PM Report Abuse

knights12,

wade phillips is 1-2 in the postseason with the cowboys not 1-1. He is also 1-5 for career.

typical dallas fan. The cowboys are better than the skins right now, but thats not the most important thing. A more important stat to me is that most people who like the cowboys superficially like football and people like the skins are devoted and real.

johnnymop
1/17/2010 8:40:15 PM Report Abuse

oh yeah, and another thing is if you go back three years we did make the playoffs in joe gibbs last season. stop fudging facts.

rlj90
1/17/2010 8:46:29 PM Report Abuse

yeah whats your reason for being a cowboys fan also you fairweather sack of shit.

Natsfan3
1/18/2010 12:02:04 PM Report Abuse

"And it remains undying- Since I guess You don't understand the concept of Being a fan being as you are from DC which means something. It's understood we have the most fickle people in the World within the DC metro area, but just because a team lost doesn't mean it doesn't have fans"

Huh? The cowboys have the biggest bandwagon fan base along with the Yankees, Red Sox and a hadful of other teams. You're a perfect example. You're telling people in DC how tro be a fan. Really? are you seruious?

carrollhurdler
1/17/2010 8:58:06 PM Report Abuse

Present- I am proud of my BOYS .  The Vikings have no class

bavaro
1/17/2010 9:09:34 PM Report Abuse

The late TD? Yeah. Definitely "not in the spirit".

The next thing I want to see is Favre lose this week. Its his turn to eat some pie. Go Saints.  

knights12
1/17/2010 9:24:14 PM Report Abuse

OK we're not having this huge thing where everyone says who theyre a fan of and why. 

And that thing about most Cowboy fans being superficial where most Skins fans are devoted and true fans, then why the hell was the Skins Cowboys game this year filled by 50% Cowboy fans when the game is in Fedex? Or why was the Steelers game last year filled by like 60% Steelers fans? If you guys were true and devoted, youd fill the stadium every week. But you dont. 

KingFelix34
1/17/2010 9:25:14 PM Report Abuse

I can forgive that late TD.  Sure, it was a selfish move by Brett Favre, but if any team deserves to have their nose rubbed in the shit, its the Cowboys.  That team along with their fans are so unbelievably cocky and the whole organization is a bunch of arrogant clowns.  What did Keith Brooking do afterwords?  He went after the other teams coaches like a crybaby bitch because his team was getting demolished.  So you tell me which display was more classless.

KingFelix34
1/17/2010 9:28:52 PM Report Abuse

Knights are you serious?  You cannot honestly knock the Skins fan base for not being loyal.  The fans have been behind the team for the good times and the bad.  And no, the Skins crowd at FedEx was never a majority of the other teams fans.  I guess basic math isn't your thing.

knights12
1/17/2010 9:35:43 PM Report Abuse

Every NFL fan base is loyal. Come on, I wasnt knocking the Skins just pointing out that every NFL team has bandwagon fans, true fans, nonloyal fans, whatever.

And I was at the Cowboys-Skins game. The stadium was pretty close to 50% Cowboys fans. And by the 4th quarter, it was probably 75% Cowboy fans. 

Natsfan3
1/18/2010 12:09:41 PM Report Abuse

"And I was at the Cowboys-Skins game. The stadium was pretty close to 50% Cowboys fans"

And you son are a liar

geagles1234
1/18/2010 3:02:48 PM Report Abuse

To answer RD's question who last coach except Gibbs to win a playoff game for the skins was Turner in 1999. Knights12, skins fans are way more devoted than the cowboys. I have been to 5 cowboys-skins games in Texas, and there are a ton of skins fans that go to those games because they're a lot of skins fans that reside in the houston area, and the Oklahoma area. Also, I was at the 17-0 game, and yes, there were a lot of bandwagon cowpuke fans at the game. Cowboys fans aren't very loyal. Even cowboys fans have told me down in texas that skins fans are very loyal. I have been to a philly game, up in philly, and they all have said how loyal we skins fans are. They also did say that we suck, but I do admit that we have sucked recently, but every offseason we believe that we can win with a mediocre roster.

knights12
1/18/2010 3:42:56 PM Report Abuse

^So its Ok for there to be Skins fans in Cowboys country, but not the other way around? What makes us bandwagon fans and not them?

gphoyas46
1/18/2010 3:59:53 PM Report Abuse

his point was that redskins fans have traveled to faraway places to support the skins. he was stressing the devotion of the fans 

knights12
1/18/2010 5:05:19 PM Report Abuse

This list ranks the most loyal fans in the NFL using a lot of different factors. The Cowboys come in at #5, and the Skins at #10.

Now, some lists will show differently, I found another one where the Skins are 9 and Cowboys are 10.

Point is, both the Skins and the Cowboys have a very loyal fanbase. There are a lot of bandwagon Cowboy fans out there, but there are also a lot of loyal and true fans. To classify all Cowboy fans as bandwagon is just ignorant and stupid. A lot of people jumped on the Boys bandwagon when they won 3 superbowls in the 90s, but if you are a fan of the Cowboys now, and have been your whole life, you are not a bandwagon fan.

stagslax32
1/18/2010 5:07:57 PM Report Abuse

bitch ass ace- I know its been a while but learn to use the forums properly...most likely because your a cowbitches fan it made me furious.

Rd- Meyer said if he went back to coaching it would be at FL....but also pete carrol was in for the long haul at usc supposedly...that dolla will make a man do anything haha

geagles1234
1/18/2010 6:20:50 PM Report Abuse

Knights, you can argue that the skins fans down in texas and Oklahoma are bandwagon fans, but they aren't as obnoxious as the cowboy fans around here. I respect the cowboys franchise because they have won 5 superbowls, but you gotta give skins fans some credit because of our inept owner, and the turmoil this franchise has gone through the last 15 years.

MikeSellers45
1/18/2010 7:00:59 PM Report Abuse

All that needs to be said is that the Cowboys are the most hated team in the NFL cuz they're players and fans are arrogant pieces of shit, win or lose.

And Keith Brooking going to cry about the Vikings RAPING his defense showed just how big of a chick he is.  You got punished by a team that was clearly superior on every level.  Take your ass beating and go home.

knights12
1/18/2010 7:17:49 PM Report Abuse

What make us arrogant? We were one of the best 8 teams in the NFL. We got punished by the Vikings. We clearly have a lot of young talent on this football team and will be a force for years to come. Thats not arrogant, thats the truth.

MoodyLikesMen
1/18/2010 7:58:49 PM Report Abuse

Dude you joined a DC sportsblog to talk about how much you love the cowboys.   Thats like the definition of arrogance.

burns15
1/18/2010 9:11:18 PM Report Abuse

knights12,

how did you get a 20-38 record for the skins in the last three years??? 9-7 in gibbs last year, 8-8 last year with zorn, and 4-12 with zorn this year. When you do the math, thats 21-27, so dont give me this 20-38 bs

knights12
1/18/2010 11:57:55 PM Report Abuse

I live in the DC area and are a fan of most of the dc area teams, and I dont come on here to talk about the Cowboys. The title of this thread, created by a skins fan, was "DC Area Cowboy Fans-Roll Call", implying all Cowboys fans to come on here and talk.

MikeSellers45
1/19/2010 8:14:10 PM Report Abuse

knights, you've always been a pretty sorry-ass excuse for alotta stuff.  All Cowboys fans have been arrogant, you morons really were into supporting the Roy Williams trade and last year you promised that the Cowboys would make the Super Bowl after the dump they took in December.  You're all arrogant.

knights12
1/20/2010 5:14:55 PM Report Abuse

If supporting your team and thinking that they're going to do well is arrogant than Skins fans are just as guilty.

Last year when you guys got Haynesworth, you all were in love with him and were calling for a dominant defense. You thought Jason Campbell was going to be the savior. You were claiming Jim Zorn the next great head coach after the Skins beat the Cowboys in Dallas last year.

Every NFL team does the same thing.

penman91
1/21/2010 4:54:27 PM Report Abuse

So you're a fan of "most of the local teams," yet are not a fan of the Redskins, clearly the area's most important team?

That just makes you a bad person.

prep522
1/21/2010 8:03:03 PM Report Abuse

gibbs went 5-11, 9-7, then 8-8. we shit our pants down the stretch against cincy and san fran. 2 wins and we were in...

MIlitaryRD
1/17/2010 9:40:07 PM Report Abuse

Tell me the last Redskins Coach Not named Gibbs to win a post season game...

Please Man, giving shit to Wade and Romo against at eam that people were crowinging the super bowl champs in game 5 is ridiculous... Everyone on here right now knew the Cowboys were dogs in that Game. I can't believe you are all going to give me shit for being a Boys fan and watching my team lose when the skins still have to win 7 games over the next two season ( because i don't think they will next year) to match the cowboys win loss record this year...

Stop the presses the redskins will be terrible for the next 3 years. Completely content with the boys steadily making progess and using their draft picks on the feild to build a team. Especially while the redskins squander and blow year after year. And don't give me any of that "this year will be different" shit. With Dan Snyder in the Front office all if is is a pile of horseshit wearing an Alternate jersey.

KingFelix34
1/17/2010 9:50:09 PM Report Abuse

Steadily making progress?  Dude your team was supposed to go to the Superbowl in 07 but got bounced in the first round.  Last year you were supposed to WIN the Superbowl but didn't even go to the playoffs.  Your team has been in win it all mode for the last 3 seasons yet no dice.  That aint makin progress.

MIlitaryRD
1/17/2010 10:01:39 PM Report Abuse

See Thats How stupid you Are Felix-

No one is SUPPOSED to go to The superbowl. No one- Last year Pittsburgh Won the Superbowl, because they WON it.

-07 the Giants Won the Superbowl becasue they won it. New England was SUPPOSED to win it when they were un-defeated. I've watched a team make a wildcard, lose. Not make the playoffs, then win the division, win a playoff game, and lose to a team away who had a bye and might have one of the best all around defense offense combos in football.

Win it all mode? I don't think so Mr. Albert Haynesworth DeAngelo Hall Jason Taylor etc etc etc attempt and fail.

Miles Austin, Felix Jones, Tashard Choice, Jason Witten, Tony Romo, Demarcus Ware, Scnadrick, Jenkins, NUemann... They may not be the best, but they are drafted and brought up to win in a cowboys uniform. Roy Williams is the only big free agent i can think of that the Cwoboys of brought in, otherwise the dead weight is being Trimmed as they are successfully preogressing, take the blinders off, stop listening to thee brainless commentators and learn something abotu football before you speak.

rlj90
1/17/2010 10:08:31 PM Report Abuse

tank johnson, pacman jones. military your a retard the cowboys organization sucks. You are also an arrogant pile of shit who passes his opinion off as gospel on this website. Cool you call high school kids morons for having an opinion and your like 30. get a life

MIlitaryRD
1/17/2010 10:12:59 PM Report Abuse

30? Not even close- Newsflash, a majority of the people mposting on this website aint in high school anymore- Tank johnson and pacman, Cut benched and cut. And guess what they only brough them in until the DRAFTED those positions, my word isn't gospel but it sure as hell is a lot more educated that yours-

And ZAga04... Ive always been some what of a levis man lol

knights12
1/17/2010 10:15:03 PM Report Abuse

Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones? Really, thats the best you could come up with? What about the 100+ million you guys handed out to Haynesworth? Yeah, that was a great move? What about Adam Archuleta, Brandon Lloyd, Antawn Randel El, Jeff George? 

And the Cowboys are making progress. Our top 5 players right now- Romo, Austin, Felix, Mike Jenkins, Demarcus Ware- all under 30. And Felix and Jenkins are in their second years. Austin is under 27.

BIsACE
1/17/2010 10:22:18 PM Report Abuse

I am present and accounted for. Whats funny is how the Redskin fans have not been since 17-0. The old argument of december and win a playoff game since 1996, Romo winning and winning big games died and so did the voices of skins fans.

Where yall been the last two weeks? Trying to figure out a way to score a td vs dallas? of course now you come out and talk while we are down. But at least we werent talkin draft at halloween.

Try winning  a playoff game, it hasnt happened in a couple years....oh also Jason Campbell needs to win a big game and a playoff game...oh wait there is no franchise qb on the roster who keeps you in every game and makes you think you have a shot to win every game.

knights12
1/17/2010 10:34:58 PM Report Abuse

^Exactly. Fact is over the last 5 games the Cowboys are 4-1. Now, I know that all that matters is the last game, which is a loss that knocked us out of the race. But the Cowboys proved that they could win the big games. And really, they only count a big game as a big game if it is a loss. Everyone would have said last week if the Cowboys lost to the Eagles that they couldnt win the big game, but they did, just didnt win it this week.

stagslax32
1/17/2010 10:51:55 PM Report Abuse

I think its funny that RD said no one is supposed to win the superbowl but then in the post before that says the vikings were crowned superbowl champs in week 5....??? Also what cowboys fans have been to a game where they weren't playing the skins? how about even going to texas for that matter? I think the best thing I saw today was Jerry Jones breathing down Wade's neck with the death stare. Absolutely priceless...i'm sure we'll see more of that for years to come.

knights12
1/17/2010 10:55:22 PM Report Abuse

Ive been to a couple games in Dallas but its not like every Cowboy fan not living in Texas can afford to fly down and pay for a ticket.

rlj90
1/17/2010 11:16:35 PM Report Abuse

you talk down to people on this site but you went to st. johns. sorry i didn't realize we had a rhodes scholar gracing us on these forums. 

johnnymop
1/17/2010 11:36:31 PM Report Abuse

You cowboys and steeler fans think you guys are the shit because your teams are good, but you know what you guys aint out there playing or in the front office, you guys are just bandwagons. we know that our organization is dysfunctional but I doubt you guys watch every cowboys game. I also doubt that you guys even pay attention to the boys when their bad. THe reason why we are talking trash to you guys is because you guys aren't actual fans you guys are bandwagons.

johnnymop
1/17/2010 11:38:08 PM Report Abuse

rjlb90 whats the matter with SJC, where'd you go to high school?

knights12
1/17/2010 11:52:20 PM Report Abuse

Ive watched every Cowboys game since berth ok. Shut up about every cowboy fan around here being a bandwagon. You don't have to be from Texas to be a Cowboy fan. You're a bandwagon fan if you become a fan of a team for a short period of time and only like them because there good. Thats why its called jumping on the bandwagon. It only works if your team is doing good. 

You can't have it both ways guys. If we're bandwagon fans, then the Cowboys are a good team. Im 19 years old, the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl I was 5 years old. So to call me a bandwagon fan is to say that the Cowboys are a good team. But you all are saying how bad the organization is and how bad the Cowboys are. Your argument doesnt work.

DJO
1/18/2010 12:16:49 AM Report Abuse

"Our top 5 players right now- Romo, Austin, Felix, Mike Jenkins, Demarcus Ware- all under 30. And Felix and Jenkins are in their second years. Austin is under 27."

So Jason Witten doesn't crack your top 5? The guy has 6 pro bowl appearances and probably will have a decent shot at the HOF, but he's no Felix "3 TD" Jones?? 

I think Cowboys fans need to keep in mind that they added a lot of talent when Parcells was involved with player personnel - Romo, Austin, Ware, Witten, etc. - after some rough years with Jerry calling all of the shots (end of the 90s/early 00s).  Not to mention, Jerry gave away at least a SB trophy, maybe 2-3, when he pushed Jimmy Johnson out...The Cowboys have a good base of talent, but it remains to be seen how good Jerry is by himself.

rlj90
1/18/2010 12:19:13 AM Report Abuse

There's nothing wrong with it but this guy acts like everything he says on the site should be accepted as truth and talks down to people when he's clearly not that much of an authority. 

knights12
1/18/2010 12:24:02 AM Report Abuse

Jason Witten is in the top 5, but lets just make it top 6 I guess. I was just saying that our base of talent is very young, and we have the potential to do some big things in the future. The Cowboys of this year are not the same Cowboys of a couple years ago. Its not when now or never. We have some young guys and its not like it was Super Bowl or bust this year. 

Remember, the 1991 Cowboys went 11-5, won their 1st playoff game, and then got blown out by an NFC North division champ, 38-6. The next year, they won the Super Bowl.

This year, the Cowboys went 11-5, won their 1st playoff game, then got blown out by the NFC North champ in the Vikings.

Im not saying that this years team will go on to win 3 Super Bowls, but the similarities between the two teams are intriguing.

MIlitaryRD
1/18/2010 12:20:45 AM Report Abuse
1/17/2010 11:36:31 PM
johnnymop
District of Columbia
Forum Rank: #239 of 18766
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: DC Area Cowboys Fans - Roll Call

You cowboys and steeler fans think you guys are the shit because your teams are good, but you know what you guys aint out there playing or in the front office, you guys are just bandwagons. we know that our organization is dysfunctional but I doubt you guys watch every cowboys game. I also doubt that you guys even pay attention to the boys when their bad. THe reason why we are talking trash to you guys is because you guys aren't actual fans you guys are bandwagons.

Reply To This Post

I havent missed a cowboys game since Katrina. Im not a bandwagonering just becasue im not int he organization you idiot. and I have a Randall Cunningham jersey hanging n my closet.  SO screw off-

And stagslax- Urban Meyer will be coaching the boys soon

BIsACE
1/18/2010 12:36:54 AM Report Abuse

hey johnny I am sorry you make generalizations about people and are so short sighted. I have watched every game either on Direct TV or by going to sports bars. Its a lot easier being a fan of the local team, you are spoon fed media coverage and get every game no matter how meaningless or crappy (week 17 had to go to a sports bar for Cowboys Eagles because the skins were on vs the chargers where they lost to scrubs). Subscribing to the team's local magazine and dallas area newspaper, along with paying to watch the team when the arnt televised takes more committment than say all the redskins fans or the caps fans who have come out of the woodwork and maybe the biggest bandwagoners of all right now

Also since many here dont know the definition of a bandwagon fan look at this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20fan Since the Cowboys most recently won a super bowl in 1995 (notice how that is more recent than the skins last one) how can we qualify as bandwagon fans?

BIsACE
1/18/2010 12:37:17 AM Report Abuse

hey johnny I am sorry you make generalizations about people and are so short sighted. I have watched every game either on Direct TV or by going to sports bars. Its a lot easier being a fan of the local team, you are spoon fed media coverage and get every game no matter how meaningless or crappy (week 17 had to go to a sports bar for Cowboys Eagles because the skins were on vs the chargers where they lost to scrubs). Subscribing to the team's local magazine and dallas area newspaper, along with paying to watch the team when the arnt televised takes more committment than say all the redskins fans or the caps fans who have come out of the woodwork and maybe the biggest bandwagoners of all right now

Also since many here dont know the definition of a bandwagon fan look at this http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bandwagon%20fan Since the Cowboys most recently won a super bowl in 1995 (notice how that is more recent than the skins last one) how can we qualify as bandwagon fans?

BIsACE
1/18/2010 12:37:41 AM Report Abuse

BIsACE
1/18/2010 12:37:44 AM Report Abuse

jeppersonian
1/18/2010 12:42:30 AM Report Abuse

military take your washington capitals fan card and rip it up, you dont deserve to be one because your a cowboys fan

jeppersonian
1/18/2010 12:47:20 AM Report Abuse

oh and BIsAce can u post that last one, one more time. didn't quite hear you the first 3 times. small meat.

Patches
1/18/2010 1:04:04 AM Report Abuse

To every Dallas Cowboy fans on this website and in the DMV:

Congrats on being a huge tool.

The Redskins will be nice next year. rip gaines adams.

knights12
1/18/2010 1:14:21 AM Report Abuse

"The Redskins will be nice next year"

Yeah, haven't heard that before. Every single Redskins fan says the same thing before every season. What makes you think that next year will be nice for the Redskins. Your horrible offensive line? Your extreme lack of talent at WR, RB, QB? Your pathetic secondary? What? 

KingFelix34
1/18/2010 1:43:18 AM Report Abuse

We have faith man.  That's all we can have lol.  Cowboy fans were the same for awhile.  Their day has come (well sorta), so the Skins fans feel that they will turn it around too.  What's the use in rooting for a team if you can't hope for a good season?  There's a difference between hopes and expectations.  I hope that the Skins do well, but I EXPECT them to finish 6-10 or some other shitty record.  Cowboy fans are always saying how great they will be too and their teams have ended up sucking sometimes.  Stop acting like all Skins fans are delusional D-bags, which you did in your post by saying "every single Redskins fan says the same thing every year."  I refuse to be lumped in with the morons.  Sorry Skins fans, it aint happening for awhile.  We just hope the Boys lose as well.

knights12
1/18/2010 1:56:32 AM Report Abuse

^^ I completely understand with what you just said their. Of course you have faith in your team and hope for them to win. But at least you're honest and can admit that the Cowboys have a good thing going here. 

FatMan71
1/18/2010 2:13:52 AM Report Abuse

im proud to be a cowboys fan... win or lose, not liek all my skins fans who said they were dolphins fans after you all started 2-6

puma
1/18/2010 3:13:25 AM Report Abuse

The Cowboys have won one playoff game in thirteen years. Regular season means nothing if you can't get it done in the playoffs. And knights12 you would like it if I was 7 or 8 you pervert.

KFlaherty22
1/18/2010 3:46:31 AM Report Abuse

Hail to the Redskins and Im Out... Cowboys are very average.

gatorade
1/18/2010 6:30:17 AM Report Abuse

WOW! 4-12 sitting at home, sorryazz Skins fans talking sh!t. Makes sense I guess...

swimjoint92
1/18/2010 8:41:37 AM Report Abuse

GO RAVENS!

BIsACE
1/18/2010 9:08:51 AM Report Abuse
Why are redskin fans still talking? Ud think not scoring a td vs dallas in 2 games, a 17-0 shutout, winning in december, winning in the playoffs wud shut them up, guess not. I guess when u earn a top 10 draft pick and were left out of the playoffs in October u can be talk crap about a better team that exceeded most expectations and did things that they supposedly cudnt. I guess that unless dallas wins the superbowl every year they'd stop talking... Oh wait probably not cause they wud still have something to say abt the run. U guys love arguing when u have no leg to stand on. Go look at mock drafts cause u have no business talking playoffs. Btw when was the last time the redskins won a playoff game? Its been a while!! Jason campbell hasn't won one either wow that's terrible! Last two years terrible finishes beware december!
KingFelix34
1/18/2010 12:57:28 AM Report Abuse

Wow Rd you just displayed how stupid YOU are.  You contradict yourself yet I'm the moron right?  Yeah that's some good logic.  The Vikings were Superbowl winners in week 5 according to you yet the cowboys aren't supposed to win it when they have "the best team" in 08?  My point was made yet you respond with "nobody should win the superbowl."  Sure, the best team doesn't always win, but when your team is loaded with talent and is a superbowl FAVORITE (this means you have a great shot at contending for a title) your team didn't even make the playoffs.  That's called underachieving.  Btw, Jerry Jones is an impatient D-bag, so that young core will vanish if they don't produce an SB within the next few seasons. Don't count on this year's "progress" to continue if it takes too long for Romo and co. to build a winner.

Gonzaga04
1/17/2010 10:08:14 PM Report Abuse

late night roll call at 5. 

how did it feel to have the score run up on you by an old guy that prances around in wrangler jeans commercials.

real. real. comfortable?

apman39
1/17/2010 10:10:43 PM Report Abuse

The Redskins are a joke of a franchise in the fact that they spend tons of money and get no results.  The Cowboys spend tons of money, but they usually make the playoffs.  Grant it, they never win in the playoffs but, they get there.  Whoever up there compared the Skins and Cowboys franchises made a big mistake in saying so.  The Cowboys are years ahead of the skins its really not even close.  The Redskins will probably go 5-11 next year and the Cowboys will win the division and lose in the playoffs again.  And it isn't really a good thing to be bragging about having a high draft pick, as many Redskin fans do.  First, that Redskin pick usually turns into a bust. And second since the Redskins are consistently getting high picks what does that say about the franchise?

By the way, if you want to see a well run franchise look at the Steelers.

Natsfan3
1/18/2010 12:05:15 PM Report Abuse

"First, that Redskin pick usually turns into a bust. And second since the Redskins are consistently getting high picks what does that say about the franchise"

Actually the redskins success rate with high draft picks over the last 10 years is pretty good.  We can go down the list if you like. The problem is they haven't had many in other rounds toi fill depth

BigRedd
1/18/2010 9:50:53 AM Report Abuse

I am a fan of neither, but the Cowboy fans are arrogant as hell.  Just because they finally won a few games in December, they automatically booked flights to Miami for the Superbowl.  WRONG!  I guess they thought the other team who just lay down.  When they are winning there games Romo is gigling, Wade is pumping his fist, Jerry slapping high fives, etc.  Then they cry like babies when Minnesota ran the score up.  Tough!  If you don't want to get you ass whipped 34-3, then do something to stop that last TD pass.  STOP CRYING!  Still no SuperBowl trips since 95!  Take off them old ass jackets!

johnnymop
1/18/2010 11:03:05 AM Report Abuse

yeah, what type of winners, cry after the vikes run up the score. Troy Aikman said it best, It may of been an A$$hole thing to do, but the boys were in no position to complain if you don't like it then stop em.

As for your young core, your recievers are overrated. You guys beat us 7-6 the first game, and if you guys were as good as the media hyped you guys up to be you would of beat us 40-0 in the second game, the skins gave up on the season at that point.

hey knights12 and rd, if you guys watch every single game of the cowboys, then I would talk sh!t to you, I would also be curious why you guys like the cowboys. But, I don't know if you guys are lying. And you guys have to be willing to take it because most dallas fans superficially like football, I personally know many Dallas fans, who don't watch your boys even when their on national television.

johnnymop
1/18/2010 11:04:22 AM Report Abuse

I mean't to say that I would not be talking sh!t to you if you guys watched every game.

UnitedSkins
1/18/2010 11:39:42 AM Report Abuse

Tell me the last Redskins Coach Not named Gibbs to win a post season game...

Norv Turner. And that game, until last week, was more recent than the Cowboys most recent playoff win. You had one playoff win in the last decade. One less than the Skins. I'm not pretending the Skins are good, I'm just saying don't act like the last decade has been high times in Dallas either.

To those acting like Wade Phillips is a great coach: The last few years, he has enjoyed the success that Bill Parcells set up for him. The Cowboys are at their peak right now. This season and next season are their chances to win big. After that, they're done. All the people acting like they have young players at the sexy positions, the people who you have at the dirty positions who make sexy plays from sexy positions possible are old as balls and will be washed up in 2 years tops. Have fun with the Redskins offensive line in two years. The only good young people Phillips has brought in are Felix Jones, Martellus Bennett, and Mike Jenkins. Two years from now, Felix Jones will be running behind an offensive line with an average age of 35, and the Redskins know firsthand how important having a good number 2 tight end is to winning. Miles Austin won't be able to make the big play anymore which will make him completely worthless since Romo's line won't give him enough time to let plays develop downfield. Once Parcells' players get old and believe me, that train is coming soon, the Cowboys will be back where they were before Parcells.

eagles09
1/18/2010 11:44:41 AM Report Abuse

Again, if Cowboys fans want to pretend that Wade Phillips is a good coach to justify keeping him, that works in everyone's favor.  He didn't even know he called for a 48 yard field goal on 4th and 1.  Good job Wade, keep making that same stupid face that you do when you don't have a clue what you're doing (which would be almost always.)

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close