Dez Bryant = Douche

7/25/2010 11:29:40 PM
afros
7/25/2010 11:29:40 PM Report Abuse

Just saw a blurb that Dez refused to carry Roy Williams shoulder pads. C'mon dude...stop taking yourself so serious. 

That kinda hazing and good clean fun is what makes the camp environment so special. If you can't humble yourself to participate in those light hearted times...you have issues.

It may seem minor, but I'm already sour on this guy. Really, lighten -up!!!

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
da_tree03
7/26/2010 7:57:35 AM Report Abuse
@afros

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/tcowlishaw/stories/072610dnspocowlishawcolumn.4442503.html

From this article it appears that the Cowboys and numerous fans do not seem to care. 

knights12
7/26/2010 10:22:12 AM Report Abuse
@da_tree03

Dez Bryant was the first person that was drafted in the 1st round to sign a contract. Hes been showing up to practice early and everyone on the Cowboys is raving about his work ethic and dedication.

But because he refused to carry someone elses shoulder pads, and from the article it sounds like it was a misunderstanding, he is a douchebag that takes himself too seriously.

Why dont you stop finding reasons to hate on the Cowboys and worry about your own team.

KingFelix34
7/26/2010 10:52:08 AM Report Abuse
@knights12

Seriously, I hate the Cowboys, but I have always been a big fan of Dez Bryant.  Needless to say I was disappointed and worried when I saw him get drafted by the Cowboys.  So because he doesn't want to carry Roy Williams' pads he's a douche... not really feeling that.  Roy Williams is an overpaid, underachieving gump who lost his No. 1 role to an undrafted free agent and may not even be a starter when Dez takes his spot.  Maybe he should be the one carrying somebody's pads.

Landon16
7/26/2010 11:13:27 AM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Haha KingFelix... A gump tho.

I agree, Roy Williams will be sitting in Keyshawn Johnsons spot on Espn if he doesnt make use of those pads and have a productive season.

Natsfan3
7/26/2010 11:55:30 AM Report Abuse
@knights12

"Dez Bryant was the first person that was drafted in the 1st round to sign a contract. Hes been showing up to practice early and everyone on the Cowboys is raving about his work ethic and dedication.

But because he refused to carry someone elses shoulder pads, and from the article it sounds like it was a misunderstanding, he is a douchebag that takes himself too seriously.

Why dont you stop finding reasons to hate on the Cowboys and worry about your own team."

Why don't you move to Dallas, if you don't read people hating on Dallas.

knights12
7/26/2010 12:03:42 PM Report Abuse
@Natsfan3

Well, this is DCsportsfan, and I would think that Redskins fans have something better to talk about then whether or not Dez Bryant is carrying someone elses pads into the locker room after practice.

Ppatt78
7/26/2010 1:18:17 PM Report Abuse
@knights12

...we don't. football season hasn't started and no one likes baseball.

KingFelix34
7/26/2010 1:47:35 PM Report Abuse
@Ppatt78

Correction:  Maryland/DC people don't like baseball because the Orioles and the Nationals both suck.

knights12
7/26/2010 2:04:50 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Basically, yes, Dez should have carried Roy's pads, and he did act like somewhat of a diva by not wanting to do someone that all rookies have been subjected to.

But its not a big deal, its not something that the media should be talking about, and it will not be an issue with the Cowboys.

Dez has done everything right since being drafted and just because he didnt want to take part in a little rookie hazing doesnt make him a douchebag or a problem child for the Boys.

knights12
7/26/2010 2:05:14 PM Report Abuse
@knights12
*something
Ppatt78
7/26/2010 2:12:59 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

@Felix

very true. but baseball is pretty boring... especially in the middle of july. i'll start watching in a month when teams start caring. its just like the nba regular season. and like you said, we dont even have a horse in the race.

besides, would you rather watch an incredible football/basketball game or an incredible baseball game? i think 9 times out of 10 i go football/basketball. thats just me though. 

...but yeah there really is nothing to talk about. july is a terrible month for sports. i think this post proves that.

KingFelix34
7/26/2010 5:01:22 PM Report Abuse
@Ppatt78

Would I rather watch an incredible baseball game vs an incredible football or basketball game?  Probably not.  Would I rather watch an average baseball game vs an average basketball game?  Absolutely.  It's the game that I grew up watching and playing and I like many fans have a deeper appreciation for the game than people like you who pointlessly bash the game.  If you don't like it, fine, but don't try to bring down a sport that you don't enjoy or understand because many people love the game.  Also, most baseball players play their hardest every game, with obvious exceptions.  It's a statistically driven game.  It makes no sense for players to stick it into cruise control until the postseason because your team will cut you if you don't produce, regardless of how well the team does.  July is a brutal sports month but its not because of baseball.  It's because there is only one major sport being played during the summer and if your team sucks, it's tough not to look forward to football/basketball/hockey season.

urbanicon
7/26/2010 5:14:31 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

love the intensity but i think most americans understand the game of baseball chief, personally i like to chew tobacco and work on my tan when im not playing sports, so it does kind of suck when thats all there is on tv. oh and dez bryant molests collies

KingFelix34
7/26/2010 5:23:04 PM Report Abuse
@urbanicon

I beg to differ.  Many Americans think that baseball is simply hitting the ball and running around the bases.  Knowing the rules does not mean you understand the game.  It's a little more complex than that.

Ppatt78
7/26/2010 5:39:19 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

@Felix

I'm not trying to bring it down, but you gotta admit that it's an incredibly slow sport. What other sporting event goes for 3 hours on average? Combine that with an 162(?) game schedule and you can see very few outside major markets give a crap. And come on, you can't tell me they play their hardest every game, there's so many of them it doesn't matter that you give up a few now and then during the summer. If it was only basketball or only football all month then I would have no complaints. 

KingFelix34
7/26/2010 5:59:26 PM Report Abuse
@Ppatt78

Yes, it is a slower game.  But many fans don't mind the fact that it is slower than basketball.  Every game has it's positives an negatives.  Football is only played once a week and the players are prima donnas.  Basketball same problem, and nobody plays defense.  Hockey they only score a few goals a game.  Baseball like you said is too slow.  It's all opinion based.  We have to agree to disagree.  I learned that when talking to people about soccer.  I think soccer sucks, but a lot of people like it.  And for baseball, you say they don't care, so you think they take halfhearted swings and pitchers only throw at 75% percent of their potential?  That's not the case at all.  I realize that fans might not care, but that doesn't mean that the players don't care.  

MikeSellers45
7/26/2010 9:13:30 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34

Seeing how Roy Williams won't be usin those shoulder pads much it doesn't matter.

Baseball is too slow.

urbanicon
7/26/2010 9:58:13 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

ok now that ive finished the sportscenter cycle and seen the interviews from dez and williams i actually want to weigh in. dez bryant is a fwording clown. Not only did he refuse to carry roy's gear to the field, he had the brass balls to get on camera and state that he wont carry an extra set of shoulder pads because hes trying to focus on winning a championship. it might seem like a small gesture but the gesture is a middle finger to every vet in the dallas locker room. hate to break it to you but at this point he's still just a t-shirt all american that couldint finish out his career at recently-literate dexter manley's alma mater. trying to act like more of a pro than the actual pros before you even are a pro is just bad form. what really did it for me was seeing the footage that espn ran of ron artest unloading his teammate's luggage during his rookie season looking about as angry at the world as a human can look, and that man is certified batsh*t insane. if a bloodthirsty psychopath like artest can bottle up his anger long enough to get through rookie hazing (it doesnt even matter if it gets slightly unbottled later, in detroit, in 2004, in a big way), then dez should just shut his mouth, carry williams' std covered shoulder pads, and then worry about losing in the divisional playoffs later.

As it is dez just became my new favorite cowboy. maybe TO will finally take a hint and retire because the new locker room destroying prototype just had his coronation ceremony.

MIlitaryRD
7/27/2010 4:02:17 PM Report Abuse
@urbanicon

I'm A cowboys Fan. I always have been.

As long as Dez Bryant Doesn't make a rookie do the same thing next year, then Good for Dez Bryant. The End.

MikeSellers45
7/27/2010 4:42:42 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Road, who do you think will see the field more?  Bryant or Williams?

knights12
7/27/2010 8:44:06 PM Report Abuse
@MikeSellers45

^Im not Road, and he might disagree with me, but the Cowboys have been using mostly a 3 wide receiver set with Austin, Williams and Bryant. Most expect that to be the package that the Cowboys use most often, so they both will be on the field a lot.

The big change I feel will be in the red zone, last year the Cowboys went to Roy a lot because of his size. But this year, I think Dez will be the primary target when theyre near the end zone. He has extremely good hands and size, and he should get a lot of TD's on jump balls and physical slant routes.

MIlitaryRD
7/27/2010 10:40:45 PM Report Abuse
@knights12

I"ll make this clear. If Dez Bryant Doesn't Make someone else do this next year. It is Fine. And On the other side- He is MORE than committed to the team and his work ethic has shown it-

He will be an All-pro Receiver before Roy Williams Will. That Being said, Captain First down ( since he got up and celebrated EVERY one last year that he finally made) Roy Williams can kiss my, Dez, and Any other Cowboys fan's ass.

The end.

Waterboy
7/28/2010 1:38:18 PM Report Abuse
@MIlitaryRD

Dez has already come out and apologized for making a big deal about this.....he did not know it was a "Rookie's right of passage" to do this and he has no problem with it now......he thought it was extra special hazing (and considering the source who could've blamed him)......but everything is good now and he will do it and then some now that he knows what the deal is....and He will be playing more with Miles Austin than Williams before the season is over.....Roy Williams was to the 'Boys the Football Gods' way of getting a little even for the Herschel Walker deal............

WLS
7/28/2010 6:56:15 PM Report Abuse
@Waterboy

Where are the veteran's when you need them to put this clown in his place!  Can you say Blanket Party.

GilbertArenas
7/26/2010 5:50:53 PM Report Abuse
@KingFelix34
It has nothing to do with the nationals or orioles. The redskins and wizards both suck and I love those teams. The DMV stopped caring about baseball when it discovered lacrosse, as is happening in a lot of areas of the country. I have a healthy respect for baseball, but I just don't think it works very well as a spectator sport. Too much down time if you ask me. I don't have the link for the story but in other news, Dez Bryant's mom reportedly stopped by the cowboys training facility for one night last week. She refused to anyone's bags, but the entire coaching staff, several players, and even one custodian unanimously raved about her work ethic and determination.

New Comment

You must login to report abuse. Close